As a purchasing agent, you might want to know about available alternate items or services when working with a Request for Quotation (RFQ). A new feature has been released in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 for both AX client and vendor portal. If the requester allows it, all vendors can submit an alternate item on an RFQ and provide a reason for the alternate.
Note: This feature is available only if eProcurement in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 (AX) is installed.
1. Enable Vendors to Provide Alternatives
A vendor might want to offer additional variety or new models. You must enable this functionality in the settings for the RFQ.
2. Allow Alternative Lines in an RFQ
The flag is located on the RFQ header:
- Click Procurement and sourcing > Common > Requests for quotations > All requests for quotations (RFQ).
- Open the RFQ that you want to work with.
- In the Request for quotation header , under Request for quotation information , select the Allow alternates on response lines check box.
3. Create Alternative Lines in an RFQ Reply
3.1 AX client
If the functionality for adding alternates has been enabled, use this procedure if you are a purchasing agent and want to add alternate lines when you define an RFQ reply form in advance. The status of the RFQ must be Sent. Only non-catalog items (category items) can have alternates.
- Click Procurement and sourcing > Common > Requests for quotations > Request for quotation replies.
- On the Request for quotation replies list page, open the RFQ reply that you want to work with. On the Action Pane , on the Reply tab, click Edit .
- On the Purchase quotation lines Fast Tab, select the category line under which the alternate should appear.
- Click Add alternate .
- Enter information about the product, such as the item number or procurement category, quantity, price, and discount.
3.2 Vendor Portal
In the Microsoft Dynamics AX Enterprise Portal, you can see open and closed RFQs listed on a public version of the site. In order to bid on an RFQ, you can request to be added to the RFQ. You must register, be approved as a vendor, be approved as a vendor user, and provide contact information
- Click Vendor portal > Requests for quotations
- On the Request for quotation replies list page, open the RFQ reply that you want to work with.
- On the Action pane click “ Bid ” button and the “ Add alternative ” button will appear for a category line.